Here is a simple dish that is perfect for a light dinner or a good weekend lunch. It’s easy to prepare and super delicious.
You can marinate the pork in a container 30-60 minutes before cooking or you can marinate it in a zip-lock bag the night before and keep it in the fridge.
If you do marinate it in the fridge, remember to take it out and leave it on the kitchen counter at least half an hour before cooking so that it cooks more evenly.
Tomato Avocado Salad with Pork Strips ( Keto | Low Carb)Course: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
300g Pork Chops, sliced to bite sized strips
3 tbsp Avocado Oil
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
3 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
1 tsp Salt
200g Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
1 large Avocado
1 Small Onion or 2-3 Spring Onions
A bunch of Arugula
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Add the marinade to the pork and let it sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- While the pork is marinating, prepare your salad. Chop the tomatoes in two and dice the avocado, cucumber and onion.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Add red wine vinegar and avocado oil, and toss to mix it all together.
- Cook the marinated pork over medium to high heat until it is cooked through and has a nice sear.
- Serve the salad and pork together and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per portion:
541 kcal | 33 g protein | 6 g net carbs | 41 g fat