This low carb swiss roll with strawberries is the perfect dessert to serve your guests, and they won’t even know that it’s low carb! I have always loved swiss roll, but I have never though to make it keto. I am actually going to brag a bit and let you know that I got this one down on the first try! 💪 My non-keto mother even tried this and loved it! So that is all the confirmation I needed to put this on the blog.
We used the Chocorite Vanilla protein powder for our recipe. Not all protein powders work well for baking, but that one definitely does. We can also recommend the Quest Nutrition protein powders. 👌 For the flour, we used almond meal, but regular almond flour would also work just the same. You could also substitute the almond flour for coconut flour, but then you would have to lower the amount quite a lot. We have not tried that, but feel free to experiment with this.
For the filling we decided to add chopped strawberries and sugar free raspberry jam, because I love these two flavors together. Substitute with other berries or jam if you prefer other flavors, such as blueberry or cherry.
Low Carb Swiss RollCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 egg whites
2 tbsp protein powder (vanilla flavor)
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tsp fiber husk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp erythritol
150 grams softened cream cheese
4 tbsp powdered erythritol
20 drops of Stevia
60 grams chopped strawberries
2 tbsp sugar free jam (strawberry or raspberry)
50 grams heavy cream
1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix the 2 whole eggs and the vanilla extract with all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the other ingredients.
- Spread across a lined baking sheet. Try to form a square shape.
- Cook in the oven at 320 F for about 15 minutes.
- When done leave to cool on the counter.
- Whisk together softened cream cheese, powdered erythritol and Stevia.
- Add the heavy cream and lemon juice while whisking. Combine well.
- Lastly stir in the jam and strawberries.
- Spread across the sponge. Leave some of the filling for topping.
- Gently roll the sponge and topp with the rest of the filling. Enjoy! 😋
- Nutritional facts per serving:
93 kcal | 4,5 grams protein | 1 grams net carb | 7,5 grams fat
No craving low carb swiss roll with strawberries right now? We have lots of sweet and tasty recipes you can check out! 😁
Also, we post a ton of low carb and keto food pictures over on our Instagram account! We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😁