Fajias is a Tex-mex (Texas-Mexican) food, originally made with steak. Typically skirt steak with bell peppers and onions served in a flour tortilla, but of course we skipped the tortilla to make it keto 👍 If you don’t know what to serve at your next dinner party.. Well.. Now you know! 😉 This low carb steak fajitas is incredibly easy to make, but looks both fancy and tasty!
It has become more common to use chicken when making fajitas, but feel free to use the protein source you prefer. Steak, chicken, scampi, fish – they will all work! Or tofu if you want to make it vegetarian. The spices used are normally chili, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika and sugar. We are avoiding the sugar (obviously 🙃), but you can add some erythritol if you want to make it sweeter.
Low Carb Steak FajitasCourse: DinnerCuisine: Tex-mexDifficulty: Easy
300 g Steak
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
1 Red onion
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Poeder
1 tsp Cumin
2 tbsp Olive oil
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro / coriander
- Prepare the marinade by combining all the ingredients for the marinade in a zip-lock bag. Place the steak in the bag, lock, shake and message until all the steak is covered. Let marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion in to strips.
- In a pan on medium to high heat, add some oil and cook the steaks until you have the desired doneness. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Dry the pan and add some more oil, set the heat on high and sauté the bell peppers and onion til they are as you desire.
- Cut the steam across the grain and serve up with slices of avocado, lime wedges and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
420 kcal | 37 g protein | 9 g net carbs | 23 g fat
Want more dinner inspo?
Don’t feel like having low carb steak fajitas for dinner today? We have several other keto and low carb dinner recipes! Go check them out! And after that, check out some of our dessert recipes 😉 You know you’ll want to!
Also, we post a ton of low carb and keto food pictures over on our Instagram account! We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😁