I was first inspired to make these delicious low carb Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes by Gordon Ramsey on Youtube just before Halloween last year. We were hosting a family get together, and a couple of those who were there were both pescetarian and couldn’t eat dairy. So we figured these would be perfect for them. 😁👌
This recipe is so simple to make that it literally just takes a couple of minutes to prepare and equally as short time to cook. So it was perfect for us when we already had 10 other dishes to prepare.
These low carb spicy tuna fish cakes are east-asian inspired. There is a lot of flavour from the fish sauce, chillies and spring onions / scallions that comes through, but in no way is it over powering. In fact, I believe you could throw in some soy sauce or maybe some sesame seeds to bring the flavours even more out. Don’t let us be the judges of that, experiment with the recipe! 👨🍳
Even though these were made for pescatarians with a dairy intolerance, these became one of our favorites at the party. They are so delicious and simple. 😋 Make a delicious dipp and you have a perfect Friday night snack too!
Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes (Low carb | Keto )Course: SidesCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
Super simple spicy tuna fishcakes with an asian twist. Packed with flavours from east-Asia such as chilli, fish sauce and spring onions.
1 Can Tuna (roughly 140 g)
1-2 Spring onions / Scallions
1 tbsp Fish sauce
Pepper to taste
- Open and drain the tuna. Get as much of the moisture out of it as possible. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Chop the chilli and spring onions / scallions and add to the tuna.
- Wisp the egg in a bowl and add to the tuna. Add fish sauce and mix it all together with you hands.
- Form 8 small balls and gently press them down to thick disks with one finger.
- Cook on medium to high heat for a couple of minutes on each side. Serve up and enjoy! 👌
- Nutrition facts per pattie:
50 kcal | 7.8 g protein | 0.5 g net carbs | 1.8 g fat
Need more low carb and keto dinner inspiration? Check these out! 😁 And if you have any suggestions for future recipes, feel free to leave us a comment below! 👇 We would love to hear from you!
You can also check out our Instagram account for lots of low carb and keto meals inspo 😊🥑