Looking for a side dish to your Christmas dinner? Or any dinner really? This low carb mashed cauliflower with root vegetables are the perfect side dish! It goes with anything, but it is especially a favorite during the holidays! We have had this three times this Christmas and I could have it three more times to be honest 😍😋
Better than the non-keto option 🏅
I was even told that this side dish tasted better than the non-keto option. 😃 That is what I strive for with every recipe I make, so that’s when I knew that this low carb mashed cauliflower with root vegetables recipe was ready for the blog! 😁👌
What about the seasoning? 🧂
This side dish is super easy to make. The only thing that someone could find challenging is seasoning. This is so hard to put into a recipe, because we all have our own preferences on how much seasoning we want. Also, these ingrediens rarely get measured out. We just start by adding some, taste it, add more, taste it, and then we stop when we feel like we have added the perfect amount. 🤷♀️ Do your own testing and tasting, and it will get easier for each time! 👍 Just remember to go easy on the nutmeg. Just add a little at a time before you taste test it! 😊
Low Carb Mashed Cauliflower with Root VegetablesCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
Looking for a side dish to your Christmas dinner? Or any dinner really? This low carb mashed cauliflower with root vegetables are the perfect side dish! It goes with anything, but it is especially a favorite during the holidays!
500 grams cauliflower
200 grams celery root
200 grams carrot
200 grams swede / rutabaga
2 cubes beef bouillon or bone broth
30 grams butter
15 grams pork fat (or more butter)
30 grams heavy cream
Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Peel and chop the celery root, carrots and swede into equally sized squares. Boil together with one cube beef bullion until tender. They should be easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. You can choose if you want to steam, boil or microwave the cauliflower. We steamed it in a pan together with about half a cup of water and one cube beef bouillon until tender. They should be easily pierced with a fork. Drain well to get all the water out.
- Combine the root vegetables with the cauliflower and start mashing. Add butter, pork fat and heavy cream. Season to taste.
- We started with a hand masher and then did some light blitzing with a hand blender. If you like it to have some texture then don’t mix too well with the hand blender.
- Top it off with some chives or more butter 😋 Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
129 kcal | 3 g protein | 6 g net carbs | 8,5 g fat
Are you looking for desserts or sweets for the holidays instead? We have lots of sweet and tasty recipes you can check out! 😁