These low carb & keto sweet buns are so easy to make and tastes amazing! On a low carb diet it can be easy to miss all the baked goods I used to love 🥰 When that thought arises, I just make these and the craving is satisfied immediately! 😁👍
In Norway we have a day called Fastelavn, when we all eat Fastelavnsboller (it might be called Lent Buns in English 🤔). Fastelavnsboller are sweet buns served with whipped cream, sometimes jam, and a drizzle of icing sugar on top. Kind of a weird tradition, but it tastes amazing! 😄
So when Fastelavn came around this year I knew I needed to make low carb & keto sweet buns so I could act like a proper Norwegian and take part in the bun-eating festivities 😁 The recipe turned out delicious (if I might say so myself), and I will for sure be eating these on Fastelavn every year from now on! 😋
Low Carb & Keto Sweet BunsCourse: Dessert
4 tbsp erythritol
20-30 drops Stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 grams cottage cheese
50 grams melted butter
60 grams almond flour
50 grams vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp psyllium husk
1,5 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cardamom
0,5 tsp salt
- Combine eggs, erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk together with a hand mixer on high speed for about 5 min.
- Run the cottage cheese through a food processor to make it smooth. Then add it to the egg mixture while whisking.
- Melt and cool the butter and add while whisking.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together before adding them a little at a time to the wet mixture.
- Let the dough rest for a couple of minutes before forming 12 buns on a baking sheet or put into muffin molds. The dough is quite sticky, so we chose to use muffin molds.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Enjoy with whipped cream, your favorite sugar free jam and a drizzle of powdered erythritol 👌
- Nutrition facts per bun:
88 kcal | 9 g protein | 0,5 g net carbs | 5,5 g fett
Are you looking for more desserts or sweets? We have lots of sweet and tasty recipes you can check out! 😁
Also, we post a ton of low carb and keto food pictures over on our Instagram account! We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😁