This low carb breakfast egg casserole with sausage and cheese is the perfect way to start the day. Whether it the weekend breakfast together with the family and a nice cup of coffee or as part of your meal prep. 😁
This easy to prepare and healthy breakfast consist of only a hand full of simple ingredients. All of which you can mix and match to make what ever you want! You can literally have a different breakfast egg casserole every week!
For seasoning we just used salt, pepper, oregano and freshly chopped chives as topping. But chili flakes or Italian spice would be great in this too!
Other low carb options
Even though we made it with bacon sausage and bell peppers, you could make it with only meats or veggies, it’s totally up to you! Here are some other suggestions:
- Broccoli and bacon
- Spicy Sausage and tomatoes
- Spinach and feta cheese
- Ground beef and garlic
Low carb gluten-free Breakfast Egg CasseroleCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
300 g Sour Cream
1 Bell Pepper
60 g Bacon sausage
30 g Butter
50g Parmesan Cheese
Seasoning (We used salt, pepper, oregano and fresh chives)
- Set the oven to 180 C (350F) and grease a baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs thoroughly and add meltet butter and sour cream, combining it all.
- Chop and add bell pepper, sausage and seasoning to the egg mix.
- Add the egg mix to the baking pan and cover with cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and eggs have set.
- Nutrition facts per egg slice:
158 kcal | 6,9 g protein | 1,2 g net carbs | 13,9 g fat
More breakfast ideas
Looking for more breakfast recipes?