Nothing is like having a super simple, delicious and nutritious breakfast in the weekends. This easy to make low carb breakfast casserole with bacon, cheese and broccoli from start to finish will be ready in under an hour, to be consumed with your hangry family members… or by yourself. No one’s judging. 😜
How we made this super easy low carb breakfast casserole with bacon
Start by steaming broccoli florets for a few minutes. Dry them off and add to a casserole.
Fry bacon and add it to the broccoli, and cover with the cheese of your choice.
Wisp together the eggs, cream and spices and pour over the filling. And throw that casserole in the oven.
Other delicious options
We used bacon, broccoli and cheese for this recipe, but you can litterally add whatever you like to this casserole. The sky is the limit. We do however have a couple of options you might like! 🤤
How about mozzarella, pepperoni and tomato slices for a fresh Italian inspired casserole? Or maybe you could try chicken, spinach and feta cheese? 🤔
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with BaconCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
260 g broccoli (1 1/2 cups)
80 g cheese (~ 1 cup)
60 g heavy cream (1/4 cup)
6 – 8 slices of bacon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chives
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees Celsius (390 fahrenheit).
- Start by cutting the broccoli into small florets and steam or blanche them for a couple of minutes. Drain and dry, then set aside.
- Cut each bacon strip down to roughly 4-6 pieces and fry. Once crisp, transfer over to a paper towel.
- Start by adding the broccoli to a casserole. Then divide the bacon on top of the broccoli. Add shredded cheese.
- Wisp eggs, heavy cream and spices together and pour over the casserole.
- Place the casserole in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg has begun to firm and the cheese has started to golden.
- Nutrition facts per serving:
326 kcal | 19g protein | 3g net carbs | 26g fat
Need more low carb and keto breakfast inspiration? Check these out! 😁 And if you have any suggestions for future recipes, feel free to leave us a comment below! 👇 We would love to hear from you!
You can also check out our Instagram account for lots of low carb and keto meals inspo 😊🥑