No matter who you are, where you’re from, we can all agree that chocolate and peanut are a match made in heaven! Any of you ever tried Reeses peanut butter cups before going keto, you know that they are the bomb! So we thought, why not try to make delicious Keto friendly Reeses peanut butter cup fat bombs.
These fat bombs are really simple to make. We used this delicious peanut butter protein powder from Chocorite. It can be a bit difficult to get hold of, but you can order it from iHerb or directly from Chocorite.
Optionally, you can use a neutral protein powder, or another peanut butter flavoured one.
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Fat BombsCourse: Snacks, DessertDifficulty: Easy
For this recipe you will need a 12 piece silicone mold, or 12 small individual ones.
- Chocolate layers
- Start by melting the chocolate and cacao butter in the microwave in 30 second bursts. You can also melt it in a small sauce pan at low heat. Stir with a spatula until it is all melted and smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and some drops of stevia to taste. We used around 8 drops. But if you like sweeter chocolate, add more.
- Fill each silicone cup with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate. You will need the rest for later. Once done put the silicone mold in the freezer.
- Peanut Filling
- Start by melting the butter, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl combine the protein powder, peanut butter and peanut oil. Add the melted butter (must be room temperature or else the protein might curdle).
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Take the now solid first chocolate layer out of the freezer. To each mold add a teaspoon of the peanut filling. If there is any left just divide between each mold.
- Put back in freezer.
- Once cooled, divide the rest of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut layer.
- Add a pinch of salt to the top of each fat bomb and sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top (this is optional, but it looks great)
- After they have all cooled completely, take out and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per fat bomb:
106 kcal | 2,3 g protein | 1,2 g net carbs | 9,9 g fat