Keto or not, who in their right mind doesn’t love Pizza? 🍕😍 I think I could eat this keto pizza casserole every single day and still not get bored. Obviously being on a low carb keto diet kind of limits our take-away pizza options. However there are so many different ones we can make ourselves at home. And this one might just be the quickest and simplest we have made.
If we are being honest, the best thing about pizza is the topping, right? The crust is basically a topping delivery vessel. The “problem” with a lot of low carb keto pizza recipes is that the crust requires a lot of cheese in order to hold it together, which in turn increases the calories, which means less pizza to be eaten. 😪
So why not just eliminate the whole crust thing? 🤷🏼♂️
There are two ways to go about making this keto pizza casserole. You could either doing it in a pan or in a casserole in the oven. Both are good options. We went for the oven approach for this one.
For the spices we made our own mix, but you can skip these and use Italian seasoning of your choice instead 👌🏻
If you were to do it in a pan you would just add the cheese and topping over the meat and tomato sauce mixture and let it melt. But if you want that delicious golden cheese crust on top, the oven will be the best option. 😁
Keto Pizza CasseroleCourse: Dinner
Keto or not, who in their right mind dosen’t love Pizza? 🍕😍 I think I could eat this keto pizza casserole every single day and still not get bored. Obviously being on a low carb keto diet kind of limits our take-away pizza options. However there a so many different ones we can make our selves at home. And this one, might just be the quickest and simplest one we have made.
1 can Tomatoes (400g)
400g / ~1 Ibs Ground beef
70g Pepperoni (save some for the topping)
150g Shredded cheese (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
2 tsp Oregano
1 ts Chili flakes
2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oven on at 200C (390F).
- Melt the butter in a pan and start browning the ground beef
- Dice onion and add it to the ground beef. Chop roughly half of the pepperoni and add to the pan. Save enough pepperoni to add on top.
- Add the canned tomatoes and spices. Let it reduce in the pan. Most of the moisure should evaporate.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish / casserole and sprinkle the cheese on top. Place the rest of the pepperoni on top.
- Place in oven for roughly 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and begun to become golden. Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
446 kcal | 35 g protein | 3.5 g net carbs | 32 g fat
Need more low carb and keto dinner inspiration? Check these out! 😁 And if you have any suggestions for future recipes, feel free to leave us a comment below! 👇 We would love to hear from you!
You can also check out our Instagram account for lots of low carb and keto meals inspo 😊🥑