I have never had a lemon flavoured cookie before, so I was a little sceptical of trying these at first. But when we made these delicious keto almond cookies with lemon zest before Christmas, boy did they turn out yummy! 🤩
I love lemon and lemon flavoured candy, but not everyone do. But done right, the freshness of lemon can really take a cookie or cake to another level. I bet you will love these, even though you are not a fan of lemon! 😉 Trust me!
These almond cookies with lemon zest are really easy to make, but if you (like us) could only get hold of raw almonds with the skins on, you will have to go though an extra step 🤷🏼♂️
Removing the almond skin
First you will have to boil some water. Add your raw almonds to a bowl and cover them with the boiling water. Let them sit for a couple of minutes before straining them.
Dry the almonds with a paper towel.
Use your fingers to gently squeeze the almonds and loosen the skin from them. Be careful though, because if you squeeze them at the tip, they might shoot out the skins.
For this recipe we used lemon zest to give it a nice and fresh taste. But you could substitute lemon with other flavours such as cinnamon or ginger, and you will still get a great cookie.
Keto Almond Cookies with Lemon ZestCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Super simple Keto Almond Cookies with Lemon Zest are the perfect treat with a fresh hint of lemon. Have these at hand during the holidays or any other day of the year. They are delicious any time!
2 Egg whites
1 tbsp Almond flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 Fresh lemon
- Set the oven to 180 degrees (350 F).
- (If you have de-skinned almonds, skip this step)
Begin by adding your almonds to a bowl and pour boiling water over them. After a couple of minutes, drain and dry them with a paper towel. Squeeze the almonds between you fingers until they pop out of their skins.
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Combine the almonds, almond flour, erythritol, and baking powder in a bowl and zest the lemon in mixture.
- Whip the egg whites until they form firm peaks, and fold the rest of the ingredients in with the egg whites in two batches.
- Add the mixture to a piping bag and form 12-16 cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until they begin to look golden. Allow to cool completely before enjoying these delicious cookies!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
85 kcal | 3.1 g protein | 1 g net carbs | 7.2 g fat
Are you looking for more desserts or sweets? We have lots of sweet and tasty recipes you can check out! 😁