We all know that avocados have a life expectancy of 5 minutes, and as much as we hate it many avocados go to waste. But before you consider throwing them out, how about turning the soft and sad avocados into super delicious fudgy avocado cookies! 🤤🥑🍪
Most cookies use some sort of flour, when you add the fact that a lot of people also have nut allergies that prevent them from having almond flour, their options are quite limited on a low carb keto diet. So the best part of this recipe is that it requires no flour at all! This also lowers the threshold for baking these if you don’t have any more flour in your pantry.
How to make Fudgy Avocado Cookies
This recipe is super easy and requires few ingredients to make. The main ingredient is the avocado naturally. It is important that it’s a ripe avocado. We don’t want to chew on hard avocado lumps! 🙅🏼♂️
Start by slicing the avocado in two, carefully removing the stone and dicing it in the shell. Scoop it out of the shell and mash it with a fork as much as you can. The more you mash it, the better it will combine with the rest of the ingredients.
Add the egg, vanilla, erythritol, salt and stevia. Mix well and add the other dry ingredients.
Pro tip: Add the cocoa powder bit by bit so that it doesn’t dust up the whole kitchen.
Form 9 cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes on 180 degrees C (350 F).
Allow them to cool before handling them.
Fudgy Avocado CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 avocado (around 120 g)
40g unsweetened shredded coconut
60g erythritol / sukrin
50g cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
30 drops stevia
A good pinch or two of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Start by dicing the avocado and mash it with a fork in a mixing bowl. The more you mash it the better.
- Add the egg, salt, erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract, and mix well with a hand mixer until it is all combined and has a uniform consistency. You shouldn’t have any big clumps of avocado.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop out nine dollops on a parchment paper. Use your finger or a spoon to spread the cookie “dough” to the desired size.
- Feel free to top them off with some dark chocolate or nuts. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before you handle them. Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per cookie:
93 kcal | 2.6 g protein | 1.2 g net carbs | 7.8 g fat
Are you looking for more desserts or sweets? We have lots of sweet and tasty recipes you can check out! 😁
Also, we post a ton of low carb and keto food pictures over on our Instagram account! We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😁