This easy herring salad with beetroot is perfect for lunch and breakfast. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and lasts for quite a long time in the fridge. 👌 Also, it tastes even better the following days after it is made when the different tastes has had time to set. 😋
Herring are one of those foods you think you don’t like, but never really give a chance. Am I right? 😅 I just gave it a fair shot this past year and I curse myself for not trying it sooner! 🙄 It is soooo good! ❤️
Most herring salads you find in the store have added sugars. Even when searching for herring in brine, we found that most of them had added sugar in the brine. Herring in brine are often very salty, so you should soak the herring in water for an hour before making the salad. This will also remove a lot of the sugars, if there is any. 👍
Easy Herring Salad with Beetroot (Low Carb and Keto)Course: Breakfast, Lunch, SidesDifficulty: Easy
This easy herring salad with beetroot is perfect for lunch and breakfast. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and lasts for quite a long time in the fridge👌
250g herring (6 fillets)
100g red onion
50g pickled beetroot
100g sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- If you use salted herring, you should soak the fillets in water for about an hour before making the salad.
- Cut the herring into cubes.
- Chop up pickles, onion and beetroot.
- Mix everything together with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add other spices as well!
- Put everything into a glass jar and place in the fridge. The longer you let the tastes set, the better it will taste! 😋 Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
158 kcal | 4 g protein | 1 g net carbs | 15 g fat
Easy herring salad with beetroot not your thing? We have lots of other recipes you might like! 😁 We also have lots of low carb and keto food Inso on our Instagram account. We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😃