This is probably one of the easiest ways to impress your family or your partner for date night. Bacon wrapped chicken with creamy bell pepper sauce is the ultimate comfort food on a Friday night after a long week. Not only does it taste good, but looks super fancy! 🤩
How long to bake the chicken
Even though we begin by frying the bacon wrapped chicken in a frying pan, the chicken will not be completely cooked through. This means we will have to finish it in the oven. How long it will take depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts and the oven you have. We baked our chicken for 15-20 minutes on 200°C (~390° fahrenheit). Not all ovens are the same, but in general you should be good with these settings.
If you want to make sure that it is completely done, you can stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken breast. When it’s just about to hit 65°C (~160°F), take it out of the oven.
Remember to let the breast rest for a couple of minutes. Normally the core temperature should be 70°C (~165°F), but the temperature will rise 1-3°C during the resting periode, so take it out just a little bit earlier for a juicy result!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Creamy Bell Pepper SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
- Chicken and asparagus
4 Chicken breasts
1 pack (8 slices) of Bacon
300 g Asparagus
1 tbsp Butter
- Creamy Bell Pepper Sauce
150 g Mushroom
1 small red Bell pepper (~90 g)
1/2 Onion (~70 g)
2 dl Heavy cream
1 Cube Chicken stock
(Enough for 1 dl water)
1 dl Water
1 tbsp Paprika powder
1 tsp Sriracha or chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 200°C (~390°F).
Start with the sauce. Chop the bell pepper and onion into small bits and fry in a sauce pan with some butter. Add the mushrooms.
- Add the paprika and chicken stock, and heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and wrap each with bacon. Fry the filets in a frying pan with some butter until the bacon is crisp.
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish for 15-20 minutes.
- Before the chicken is done, break off the ends of the asparagus stalks and sauté in butter and salt on medium to high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve up and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts per serving:
526 kcal | 52 g protein | 4.2 g net carbs | 33 g fat
Want more dinner inspo?
Also, we post a ton of low carb and keto food pictures over on our Instagram account! We would love it if you head over there and say hi! 👋😁